Lung Epithelial Cells
The investigation of the human lung and its diseases is an important issue for drug development processes, although it is hampered by the availability of suitable in vitro models. Using our CI-SCREEN technology (recently published in Nature Communications; Lipps et al., 2018) we developed a novel immortal human lung epithelial cell line displaying a primary like phenotype.
Specifications of CI-huAEC
- Characteristic expression of epithelial cell markers (e.g. E-Cadherin, ZO-1)
- Maintained polarity
- Tight barrier formation
- Low permeability
Following assays have been performed and validated with the CI-huAEC cell line:
- Transepithelial Electrical Resistance (TEER)-formation
- Rhodamine permeation
- GPCR profiling (cAMP regulation/Ca2+ regulation)
- TGF-beta stimulation
|Product Name||Cat. No.||Information||Price|
Human Airway Epithelial cells
|INS-CI-1011||Data sheet||Get prices|
|Product Name||Cat. No.||Size||Price|
|huAEC Medium (ready-to-use)||INS-ME-1013-100ml||100 ml||€ 75.00|
|huAEC Medium (ready-to-use)||INS-ME-1013-500ml||500 ml||€ 290.00|
|huAEC Coating solution||INS-SU-1018-20ml||20 ml||€ 45.00|
|huAEC Coating solution||INS-SU-1018-100ml||100 ml||€ 170.00|
|Freezing medium||INS-SU-1004||30 ml||€ 35.00|
Related Protocols for Cultivation of CI-huAEC
- Nanoparticle induced barrier function assessment at liquid–liquid and air–liquid interface in novel human lung epithelia cell lines. Leibrock L et al., Toxicol. Res., 2019, 8, 1016-1027. doi: 10.1039/C9TX00179D. (2019) [link].
- Investigation on Ciliary Functionality of Different Airway Epithelial Cell Lines in 3D Cell Culture. Lodes NT et al., Tissue Eng Part A 2019 Nov 7. doi: 10.1089/ten.TEA.2019.0188. (2019) [link].